Monday, September 18, 2017

The Changing Season

  Well hello peeps! Here in my parts summer is ending and autumn begins on the 22nd. In the southern hemisphere you're going from winter to spring. Any special plans for the new seasons?
I plan on squeezing in one last bit of summer by the sea.

 But autumn colors are beginning to creep into my art (more on that another post:) For now I have this to share today...


 On the main art table a tag in progress. For T Stands for Tuesday I will share my green tea in the covered mug. I never did get that tag together but instead made this one:

 Products: Neenah Classic 110lb. solar white paper(Simon Says Stamp); Distress Oxide inks; Distress ink- Vintage Photo; In Stitches clear stamp set (Whimsy Stamps); Tim Holtz Ideaology Paper Dolls, Botanical; French ribbon(unknown); Assorted Moonshine Sequins (Simon Says Stamp).

 Linking to Tag Tuesday (Paris theme), Try It On Tuesday (My Friend theme), and the Simon Monday Challenge (Shimmer and Shine). I may be pushing the envelope with the Simon theme as I'm not a real shimmer/shine kinda girl but oh how I love just a touch with the sequins:)

 These are sitting in a corner of my art table too:


 While continuing to sort /clean out things I found this bird shaped chipboard book and decided to use it. I simply covered the cardboard with napkins to begin and hope to finish and share them in my next post which will also include a little giveaway ;)

 And on an unrelated subject I want to introduce you to my dear friend LuAnn's new addition to their family. Meet Daisy May!


 I'm an aunt again! Here she is coveting the Lamb Chop toy I brought her. LuAnn had lost her Ginger on Valentine's Day and I shared her memory in this post. Long story short, LuAnn found her on a FB rescue not far from us and when she and her husband went to meet her-they didn't leave without her. Get this- the shelter named her Angel because she didn't have a name. LuAnn used to call Ginger her "angel". Daisy May was born on - Valentine's Day- same day she lost her Ginger. Is this divine intervention or what? It still brings tears to my eyes.

 Daisy is 7 mos. old and the vet thinks a mix of terrier and lab. She's quite shy yet so it took a bit for her to warm up to me and trust me but by the end of the day we were good friends:) .


 Here she is all pooped out lying right behind my chair in the kitchen while LuAnn and I were enjoying some lunch.  She is such a sweetheart and is SO good!

 LuAnn sent me this photo of Daisy May cuddling the next day with the toy I gave her:


 Yes, it truly tugs at my heartstrings and has me yearning for another one too since we lost our Annie last June. But I don't know if I'll ever be ready to go through such heartbreak again. And besides Bill and I do love to be able to pick up and go away whenever we feel like it-and I will never kennel a dog of mine. I'll just have to visit Daisy often:)

 Be well, and happy autumn- or spring - wherever you may be.

  " I cannot endure to waste anything so precious as autumnal sunshine by staying in the house."
                                                                                      Nathaniel Hawthorne

29 comments:

  1. Daisy May is totally adorable. i'm so jealous that you got to meet her in person. πŸ’•πŸΆπŸ’•. I love what you have done with napkins, make me want to get mine out and use,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, what a gorgeous dog, hope he settles in well with his new family. Gorgeous tag, and thanks for joining us at TIOT and TT. Hope you get more summery days to enjoy. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful art projects today Linda, The friends tag looks gorgeous. I am so pleased you are adding this to Try it on Tuesdays.
    Daisy May looks adorable, I am sure she will be well loved with her new family, so looks so settled and sweet. It was good that you got to see her, she will remember you for your next meeting.
    Happy T day wishes.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daisy may is sweet. Congrats to Luann.theresa martin

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a heartfelt post full of beautiful memories! Oh my, Daisy May is so adorable and she must be a delight to meet in person. She obviously loves the Lamb Chop toy that you bought her too 😁. How exciting that you have one more summer by the sea trip planned - wonderful 😁. Your tag and napkin covered birds are gorgeous! Wishing you a Happy T Day! J 😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where to begin, Linda. The tag you created for TT and TioT is stunning. Those TH dolls are out of this world, and I love how they come in various sizes for use in everything from tags to journal pages.

    What an amazing story about Daisy May. She certainly appears to be very well behaved. I know what you mean about dogs. Unlike cats, they can't be left at home for more than a day. I think being the doting aunt is probably more your style, at least right now.

    LOVE those birds. Covering the chipboard with napkins makes them special. I look forward to seeing what you do with them.

    Thanks for sharing your green tea, your art, your birds, and your story of Daisy May with us for T this nearly Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, Daisy May is a cutie!

    Your projects--with their imagery of birds, flowers, butterflies, and summer dresses--bring a breath of summer with them. It is quite welcome, since it was a cold, rainy day here in MN.

    Happy T Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had a terrier lab mix that looked a bit like Daisy May and she was such a wonderful dog. She is certainly a super cutie. I enjoyed the story about her and also the photos! Enjoy your T Day Linda. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  9. Daisy Mae steals the show ~ what a cuties ~ and your art work is divine as always ~ each one unique ~ been a crazy day ~ so trying to catch up ~ lots of hugs to you ~

    (A ShutterBug Explores)

    ReplyDelete
  10. love that tag and the birds and how nice to meet the new dog

    ReplyDelete
  11. awesome tag, linda! and though i never had a dog i can fully understand why you hesitate to have another one... it must be heartbreaking to see them go, they are Kind of Family members.
    have a great autumn, happy t-day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my, Daisy May is just adorable - I have also some tears in my eyes now! Your tag is beautiful - Thank you very much for joining Try It On Tuesday with it and happy T-Day as well my friend!
    Wishing you some lovely indian summer days to join the beach!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  13. the girls in your tag look like they are just beginning their Summer. I'm not ready for Summer to be over, yet. I love the birds. Can't wait to see what you do with them. the puppy is adorable cuddling her Lamb Chop. I had a Lamb Chop, Charlie Horse, and Hush Puppy set of handpuppets when I was a kid. Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww your tag is adorable and so is Daisy May...just to kiss for!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great art Linda ♥ Your friends fur baby is such a sweetie. I know what you mean about the freedom to just pick up and go when you don't have pets to deal with. I just don't see us ever being pet free though. Happy "T" Day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. such a sweet story so happy they got together.
    we felt the same when our Nikita passed-we were the closest to her more so than our past furry pets-she was like a daughter to us-when to talk about her it still brings tears for us and with our age now no more furry family members for us.
    Love your tag and those birds-Happy T Day Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  17. A cutie, for sure! You'll enjoy visiting her often, I know. Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a sweetie! That certainly was divine intervention. Daisy-May, I like that name.
    I love the tag and the birdies in particular.
    Happy T-Day,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  19. A really gorgeous tag. Love your ink work. She's a cutie indeed! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Linda, lovely to catch up with you again.
    Your tag is beautiful - I love the photo you've used, and can remember my fringe being cut short like that back in schooldays ;D)
    Daisy May is most certainly a sweetie and is obviously so happy in her new home.
    Cheers and thanks for your beautiful post xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Is it me or does Daisy Mae have very human looking eyes?? So glad she found a home Your tag and little birdies are beautiful Linda... look forward to see how you finish them off.. Happy T day Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  22. beautiful card Linda and the shimmery sequins are the perfect touch..thank you for sharing wth us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Looking forward to seeing the bird project finished Linda.

    Oh what a beautiful dog and what a happy ending his story had.

    Hope you have lots more nice weather before it turns!

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the birds ~ very creative ~ Stopped back again ~ How is your week going ?and to thank you for commenting again ~ Enjoy ~ ^_^

    (A ShutterBug Explores)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely vintage tag, and I so adore those cute little birds. Daisy May looks very sweet, I love it when dogs cuddle up with toys like that, it melts my heart :-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. AAAWWWWW THANK YOU Linda for sharing Daisy May's story on your blog! Thank you for everyone for your sweet comments.
    She is deeply loved and adored!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What gorgeous tags and paintings! Your art is wonderful. So sweet to hear about Ginger too.

    ReplyDelete
  28. and Daisy as well... Love is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments; it's a pleasure to connect with you!