Sunday, October 28, 2012

A Holiday Ornament Swap

   I don't know about you but over the years I have participated in TONS of various swaps-the majority being vintage inspired ATCs thru ARTchix Studio. It's been quite awhile since I've done a swap there and so when I recently discovered a day late Helga was hosting a holiday ornament swap my heart sank a bit. But then I got the word I could still participate-YAY!!! Swapping ornaments is one of my fave swaps because those I receive continue to add so much joy and beauty to my Christmas trees. Sometimes I put them all on one tree and sometimes I sprinkle them around.

  Since these are due to be mailed by Nov. 1st I had to come up with something quickly and get to work. This swap is either a 2/2, 4/4 or 6/6. Of course I went for the six! These were finished yesterday tho unfortunately too late to get to the P.O. With the huge hurricane Sandy looming over the NE coast I may not get out for a few days but we'll just have to wait and see. The predicted winds may have many of us without power.Ugh.





  I had 2 pkgs. of the Eco Shapes medium houses so that's where I started. ARTchix supplies used: Eco Shapes Houses s104-2, scalloped lace German borders g876, collage sheets: Tell Me a Christmas Story m338, Send Me An Angel m277, Merry Christmas m102. The tinsels are also ARTchix but unfortunately that product was discontinued. The silver baroque dresden is from Collage Stuff and btw, Lisa is having a big sale on Dylusion stamps along with many stencils/templates while supplies last! Patterned papers were glued to the houses and the edges were sponged with Distress inks in Fired Brick and Faded Jeans. Mrs. Grossmans snowflake stickers were added to the blue ones along with some glitter glue, and pointsettia stickers by Nicole were added to the red houses. I finished them all with little glittered felt tree stickers from Hobby Lobby. I cannot wait to see what I get in return!

  For any of you living along the predicted storm corridor I hope it doesn't get as bad as predicted. Stay safe, be sure every device is charged up, stock up on the chocolate, have flashlights and candles ready and check on your loved ones -especially the elderly.

                         " Chocolate won't solve anything but it's a fine place to start."

8 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Linda - nice work! Good luck to you over the next few days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute ornaments, I like the vintage women especially. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful ornaments!!. I hope you'd stay warm and safe. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous ATC's, Linda! Hunker down and stay safe during this horrific storm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda
    your ornaments are so lovely! Beautiful work! I hope you stay safe with this "Frankenstorm" that is approaching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so glad I popped over here..I love Vintage and these are gorgeous! Gotta tell you that your page below is incredibly cool too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful ornaments! Hope you escaped the storm's fury...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your ornaments are each so lovely dear Linda!

    Hope all is well in your world ... a friend had a video of Bethany Beach and it seems the beach restoration paid off...hardly any damage at all!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments; it's a pleasure to connect with you!