Sunday, June 3, 2012

A New Calendar Spread and Art Journaling

   Happy Sunday! I'll probably post several times between today and tomorrow to catch up with the projects I'm currently involved in. The weather has been so beautiful that it's difficult to spend time in my art room when I'd rather be outside watching my hummingbirds and relishing in the beauty of Spring.

   For this week's Art Journal Everyday project I'm going to submit the pages I also did for Kate Crane's 366 Calendar project.  Click on the links for more information. Anyone can join at any time and there's always lots of sharing and inspiration from other member's blogs too!






   For this spread I used acrylic paints in a pink, orange, turquoise and chartreuse. Sorry, I don't recall exactly which brands I used or the specific names as I just randomly grabbed them from a huge drawer filled with a variety of acrylics . I must remember to make a note of it next time. The designs are from one stencil I used- this time a Dylusions 9" x 12" Dotted Flower stencil which I purchased at Collage Stuff. There are lots of really great stencils out there but I am totally hooked on Dylusions and Balzer Designs stencils because you can get versatile and unique designs in two different sizes. Lisa has a fantastic selection of both these brands.


   And here is my calendar spread for June:




   I just love having bright ,happy, colorful pages! It makes it such a pleasure to open it up each day to record a mssg. You can see my other calendar spreads beginning with January thru March on my Flickr photostream, then beginning with April here on my blog.

  I'll be back later to post a card challenge and more stamp carving fun so, stay tuned. It's a joy to hear from you. Thanks for stopping by.

                        "Sometimes your JOY is the source of your smile,
                          but sometimes your SMILE can be the source of your joy."
                                                                                                   Thich Nhat Hanh



9 comments:

  1. beautiful...I really need to pick up my KCrane calendar..I feel off :( LOVE yours.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous calendar/journal pages, Linda! May I ask - is this done in a Moleskine journal?? And, what size is it?? Enjoy Spring - it will be gone before we can blink an eye!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this. Your calendar is so bright and cheery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely sunshiney colours - hope the weather does the same for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun spring colors. Very pretty. The background is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this calendar spread Linda. The stencilled border looks awesome.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely and refreshing vibrant colours. bet you enjoyed playing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful border ! I love your calendar page !!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments; it's a pleasure to connect with you!